This section provides a general understanding of Atlas Cloud Enterprises (“Atlas Cloud”) policy on the Acceptable Use of the Atlas Cloud Internet Access Services (the “Service”). It is designed to help protect our Service, our customers, and the Internet community.
If a Atlas Cloud Internet customer is involved in a violation of these policies, we reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate Service without notice.
- In the event that an Internet account is deactivated or cancelled as a result of any activities contrary to this policy, the account may be subject to set-up fees, reactivation charges and/or deposit requirements to be determined by Atlas Cloud , if such account is permitted to be re-activated or re-established. Users whose accounts have been cancelled for misuse or violations of the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Service or this policy are not entitled to re-register for the Service without express written approval from Atlas Cloud outside the normal flow of the registration process. Any further registrations for the Service by or for the user whose account has been terminated for such activities may be rejected or the new account(s) may be terminated upon discovery, and such further registration or use may subject the user to additional account set-up, analysis, monthly usage and/or termination charges for each such registration in amounts to be determined by Atlas Cloud
- Atlas Cloud may take such action as it deems appropriate against any subscriber or account user for violations of the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Service or of this policy. However, there is no promise or obligation on our part to monitor or police any such activity and Atlas Cloud will have no liability to any party for any other party’s violation of these policies or the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Service
- Atlas Cloud has no obligation to censor or monitor use of the Service by you, any customer or any third party, including without limitation any obligation to censor or monitor any content, material or other information sent, received or accessible through the Service or the Internet. However, Atlas Cloud has the right to, without notice, monitor use of the Service and monitor, review and retain such content, material or information if Atlas Cloud believes in good faith that such activity is reasonably necessary to provide the Service to customers, ensure adherence to or enforce the terms of this policy, comply with any laws or regulations, respond to any allegation of illegal conduct or claimed violation of third party rights, or protect itself or others.
- If at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of the acceptable use rules set out in the above, which involves your account, you agree to immediately notify Atlas Cloud and provide Atlas Cloud with assistance, as requested, to stop and/or remedy such violation. Atlas Cloud contact information may be found at atlasdatacenter.ca
- Atlas Cloud prefers to advise Customers of any inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective measures, however, Atlas Cloud reserves the right, without limiting any of Atlas Cloud ‘s rights to suspend, restrict or terminate your Atlas Cloud Internet Services account as described elsewhere in this policy, Atlas Cloud may suspend, restrict or terminate your Atlas Cloud Internet Services account without notice if, in Atlas Cloud ‘s sole and absolute discretion, you have violated any of the provisions set out in this policy. Atlas Cloud shall not be responsible or liable to you or any third party for any suspension, restriction or termination of your account. Atlas Cloud shall not be responsible for any damages, caused directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to loss of profits, loss of data or any loss of information as a result of the termination of your account.
- In the event that Atlas Cloud receives a complaint relating to use of the Service by a customer, Atlas Cloud may, in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice or liability, investigate the complaint, restrict, monitor data traffic, suspend or terminate the account(s) involved and/or remove any content, information or materials from its servers.
- Atlas Cloud may, without notice or liability, disclose to third parties any customer information or any content, information or materials associated with a Atlas Cloud Internet Services account, if Atlas Cloud believes that such activity is reasonably necessary to provide the Service to customers, ensure adherence to or enforce the terms of this policy, comply with any laws or regulations, respond to any allegation of illegal conduct or claimed violation of third party rights, or protect itself or others.
Amendments to this Policy
Atlas Cloud reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. Atlas Cloud will publish this policy and any amendments on its web site at www.atlasdatacenter.ca, or otherwise electronically transmitted to users over the Service, as may be updated from time to time, before such amendments become effective. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Atlas Cloud Web site to obtain timely notice of such amendments. If any amendment is unacceptable, you may terminate your Atlas Cloud Internet Services account. If you do use your account after the effective date of the amendment, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted the amendment.
Service, Network and System Interference
- Subscribers may not attempt to interfere with or compromise the operation of the Atlas Cloud Internet network in whole or part, to interfere with any of the equipment comprising Atlas Cloud system, or to access other accounts or restricted areas of Atlas Cloud system.
- Subscribers may not use the Service in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other Atlas Cloud Internet customers.
- Subscribers may not attempt to subvert or aid others to subvert the security of any computing facility.
- Subscribers may not interfere with use by any other authorized user, nor compromise the confidentiality of Atlas Cloud or any other party’s internal business practices or records.
- Any attempts, whether successful or not, to gather information about or to gain access to any computer system or customer’s data without consent is prohibited.
- A customer shall not use or distribute software which disrupts the use of a network, system, or service, for example, and without limitation, System Intrusion tools, Viruses, or Worms.
- A customer shall not permit the existence of an abusable resource, for example, and without limitation, an unsecured mail relay, an open news-server, a compromised system or a smurf amplifier. Customer shall immediately take all necessary steps to avoid any further abuse of such resource. Any abuse of an open resource that occurs after Customer has received such notification shall be considered a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy and enforced as such.
- As the user of the Service you may receive announcements from time to time from Atlas Cloud by email regarding various aspects of the Service, including without limitation, notices of future upgrades or changes, service affecting issues or events, or special offers from Atlas Cloud Communications.
- You may not use the Service to send threatening or harassing email. However, not every “flame” message or angry exchange of email can automatically be considered harassment. Atlas Cloud is not responsible for the content or tone of any email or other transmissions by the subscribers to its Service or other parties using the Internet and subscribers or others should not expect that Atlas Cloud would attempt to mediate or otherwise become involved in any particular disagreement or dispute between Internet users. Atlas Cloud will co-operate with appropriate law enforcement agencies involved in investigating instances that may be reported to such authorities by users of the Service who believe they are being subject to unlawful harassment or other criminal activity.
- You agree that sending unsolicited email by users of the Service whether for advertising or other purposes is prohibited. A customer shall not provide support services for unsolicited email. These services include but are not limited to: mail relay, electronic mailboxes, website hosting, transaction processing, DNS, and software distribution. Atlas Cloud reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to make a determination whether any particular service is related to unsolicited commercial email.
- If a subscriber runs a mail server, the subscriber must maintain a mailbox and read mail sent to [email protected](yourdomain) and [email protected](yourdomain).
- You acknowledge and agree that Atlas Cloud policy with respect to unsolicited email applicable to users of the service may change from time to time. Such changes will be reflected in revised versions of the Terms and Conditions applying to the Service and/or this policy and made available to users of the Service from time to time, including but not limited to, being made available to your system’s administrator for the Service. Atlas Cloud reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your Service in the event you do not comply with Atlas Cloud policy respecting unsolicited email.
- You may not attempt to send email using a name and address of someone other than yourself. Attempting to impersonate any person, using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. Attempts to do so that are discovered by Atlas Cloud or reported by other parties may be reported to the proper authority immediately, and may result in the offending account being terminated immediately. The use of anonymous re-mailers and nicknames, by themselves, does not necessarily constitute impersonation if it is not being done with the intention of misleading the recipient or another party into believing that you are some other specifically identifiable user or person other than yourself.
- Subscribers also may not engage in the following activities while using the Service:
- intercepting, redirecting or otherwise interfering or attempting to interfere with email intended for other parties;
- posting or transmitting a file that would infringe upon the rights of others including without limitation, trademarks, or service marks, confidential and/or proprietary information, and copyrighted materials;
- posting or transmitting a file or message through any storage medium that contains viruses, ‘Trojan Horses’, worms or any other destructive or contaminating features;
- knowingly deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in a file that the user mails or sends;
- publishing, posting, distributing or disseminating defamatory, infringing, obscene or other unlawful material or information;
- using the Service or systems to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- It may be necessary for Atlas Cloud employees or representatives to examine system operational and accounting logs and other records to resolve Service-related problems. Atlas Cloud reserves the right to access an account’s mailbox or other features to resolve problems or mail system errors.
- Email accounts that are inactive for a period of six months or more may be automatically deleted from the system in order to maintain optimum system server performance. Those account addresses will be notified by email in advance of deletion.
Off-topic or inappropriate postings
- Atlas Cloud does not intend to censor the content of any newsgroups or other communications passing through its systems. We believe such choices should generally, be left to the individual subscriber. Software tools are available to screen a subscriber account’s access to newsgroups and Web sites that might be considered offensive. It is the subscriber’s responsibility to make use of such tools if desired.
- Newsgroup postings and other email messages sent via the Service and the Internet are communications between the senders and consenting receivers thereof, and Atlas Cloud has neither the authority nor the responsibility to regulate their content. The views and comments expressed by Atlas Cloud Internet subscribers or other senders of such postings or messages are solely those of their authors and do not reflect any review, approval or endorsement by Atlas Cloud Communications. Atlas Cloud will, however, attempt to assist subscribers who continually receive email they deem to be objectionable and/or unsolicited email and who notify Atlas Cloud of the problem.
- Generally, there is no restriction on content or postings, except as defined by each newsgroup. However, continued posting of off-topic or inappropriate articles is prohibited. Please note that commercial advertisements are off-topic in the vast majority of newsgroups. If numerous complaints are received with respect to off topic or inappropriate postings from a particular subscriber, Atlas Cloud reserves the right to take appropriate actions, which may include but not be limited to issuing a warning to that subscriber or terminating that subscriber’s account without notice.
- Engaging in activities, whether lawful or unlawful, that Atlas Cloud determines to be harmful to its subscribers, operations, reputation, goodwill, or customer relations is prohibited.
- Atlas Cloud prohibits any conduct which violates the accepted norms and expectations of the Internet community at large (whether or not detailed in this Acceptable Use Policy). Atlas Cloud reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make a determination whether any particular conduct violates such norms and expectations. Atlas Cloud may attempt to contact Customer with regards to any behaviour that is in violation of the accepted norms, but provides no guarantee to such contact taking place prior to commencing any action deemed appropriate in the circumstances.